Manufacturing Technician (Manufacturing, Production, Assembly, Heat Exchanger)
About the Position
Altex Technologies is searching for a dynamic Production Technician, preferably with previous experience in the application of Military Specifications, Work Instructions and ISO Quality, to a product in a manufacturing environment. The candidate will be working with a team in a Heat Exchanger low production rate environment, with responsibility for assembly, performance test, dimensional measurement and quality checks, documentation, and packaging and shipping the product. The applicant should be focused on quality, efficiency, cost effectiveness, attention to detail, and professionalism, and possess strong interpersonal and communication skills, which can be utilized both inside Altex, and with the Altex supply chain.
Selected Job Responsibilities Include
• Performing assembly, inspection, documentation and shipment activities, to defined work instructions and quality procedures
• Utilizing common production shop tools to perform assembly activities
• Utilizing common measurement tools and gages, such as Calipers, Hanging Scales, Radius, Thread and Countersink Gages, Etc. to perform quality inspections
• Utilizing pressure test equipment, for qualification testing
• Operate dependably, under minimal supervision
• Quickly identifying and escalating any non conformance, quality, or safety issues to the Project Manager
• Maintaining a clean and safe working environment
• Possibility of Forklift Operation or Training for Forklift Operation
• Possibility of Training for Coordinate Measuring Machine (CMM) Equipment Utilization
• Possibility of Transportation of Parts/Materials between Altex Vendors.
• Minimum five years related production work experience with complex mechanical assemblies
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, with AS degree or similar technical certification preferred
• Ability to perform physical work, frequently standing and walking, during work hours
• Ability to frequently and repetitively squat, kneel, bend, reach, lift, push, and carry loads in excess of 50 lbs
• Ability to utilize ladders or other high structures
• Able to use common production shop tools
• Skilled in working in a fast-paced environment
• Able to read Manufacturing Drawings
• Skilled in documenting activities, maintaining records, and using common PC programs
• Clean Driving Record
• Capable of working in a small and innovative company
• Organized and professional, with a positive, "can do" attitude and good problem solving skills
• Motivated, creative and committed
• Self directed and able to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Communicative team player
• Proficiency with Basic Office Software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Company Overview and Benefits
Altex Technologies Corporation develops and commercializes innovative energy solutions, which are clean, quiet, efficient and cost effective. Innovations currently being pursued include developing and commercializing novel thermal management solutions, for U.S. government, and many energy and environmental equipment manufacturers throughout the US. Altex is located in the desirable San Francisco Bay Area of Northern California, and provides competitive salaries and benefits.
Altex provides very competitive benefits packages to all full-time employees. Employees are provided three weeks Paid Time Off (PTO) and ten days of paid holiday. Our insurance programs cover medical, dental, vision and worker's compensation and life insurance. Altex also has a retirement plan that employees are entitled to, after one year of continuous employment with the company. This program includes a tax deferred retirement account, which the employee controls through a family of mutual funds. Historically, the company has contributed 5-10% of the employees' base salary to the employees' accounts. In addition, bonus targets are set at the beginning of each yearly review period, which are executed if the staff meets agreed to objectives. Our interest in the setting of the compensation package is to ensure that the staff is rewarded for making both Altex and themselves a success.
How to Apply
Please send your resume to email@example.com with Subject “Manufacturing Technician”.